|This article is about the Crystal Island engine. You may be looking for the Keystone Railway engine.|
Lapis is one of the engines from Crystal Island.
When Rex first visited Crystal Island, Lapis showed what to do.
Lapis likes to think she'sin charge of Crystal Island, and enjoys ordering the other engines about. Despite this, she is also very kind and always happy to have visitors to the Island.
Lapis is based on the L&YR Class 28, a class of 0-6-0 mixed-traffic tender locomotive designed by George Hughes for the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway and built by Horwich Works between 1909 and 1912. It was a rebuild of Aspinall's Class 27, with the addition of a Belpaire firebox, a Schmidt/"twin-plug" superheater, and the extension of the footplate and front sandboxes.
Lapis is light blue with dark blue lining. She has dark blue driving wheels and black tender wheels. She also has the number 6 in dark blue on her tender, along with a dark blue, teardrop shaped gemstone. In the eighth season, her lining changed from dark blue to black.
- She is slightly based on Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe.
- Lapis' has received some modifications through the years:
- Season 8:
- She gained a leading wheel, making her a 2-6-0
- Her number became smaller
- Her gemstone became larger
- Her lining changed from dark blue to black
- She gained a lamp in front of her funnel
- Her funnel changed shape
- She gained lining on her tender
- Her bufferbeam and footplate changed in colour from red to blue
- Crystal Island Adventures:
- Her number changed from dark blue to black
- Her gemstone became even larger
- Her tender wheels changed from black to blue
- Her piston rods changed from grey to black
- Stories From Sodor:Future
- She became a lighter shade of blue
- Her gemstone and number both became smaller
- Her lining and number changed back to dark blue
- Her piston rods changed to silver
- The lamp in front of her funnel disappeared
- She gained a taillamp
- Season 8: